See Change – Cleethorpes Regeneration Project
Exciting changes are happening In Cleethorpes from January 2019 – follow our journey of transformation.
Over the past year £6.7million of external funding has been secured to invest in the resort over the next three years.
Key elements of the project include:
- £3.3million which is earmarked to be spent improving the public realm and introducing public art at key arrival sites, the promenades and in the historic town centre streets. This work will build on the £2.77million Townscape Heritage programme due to start in 2018.
- £332K of funding will be spent on marketing and exciting new events to enhance the current programme and help extend the season into an all-year-round tourist destination.
- A visitor economy specialist who will deliver business support in the form of coaching, mentoring and advice to businesses on customer service, technology, business planning, diversification and marketing.
To find out more and to keep up to date with changes, visit the regeneration pages on our sister site, InvestNEL.
Discover Cleethorpes Heritage Programme
What is the Discover Cleethorpes Heritage programme?
Discover Cleethorpes Heritage is a four year Townscape Heritage (TH) programme launched in 2018. The scheme is supported by £1.9m from the National Lottery Heritage Fund (NLHF) and £1m from North East Lincolnshire Council (NELC). This investment will help to breathe new life into historic buildings and public realm within the Cleethorpes Central Seafront Conservation Area by offering;
- An opportunity for historic building owners/occupiers to apply for generous grants to repair their properties, allowing historic details, like shop front, iron balconies and windows to be repaired or reinstated
- Improvements to some public areas
- An opportunity for students, building owners and contractors to learn traditional building conservation skills
- A chance to learn about the history of the area, through local exhibitions, guided tours and volunteering opportunities.