Spring into Cleethorpes – EVENT POSTPONED
The Spring into Cleethorpes event due to take place on Saturday 21 March has unfortunately had to be cancelled.
There was a fantastic day of events planned in Cleethorpes, but unfortunately, due to the current circumstances and advice, we have had to take the difficult decision to remove elements that would be likely to attract crowds. As a result, Peter Rabbit™ and other entertainment will not be appearing on the day. We are trying to rearrange this special event to later in the year.
Most of the stores in the resort are still open for business on Saturday and will have a number of in-store offers and experiences for the day, and free parking will still be available in three NELC car parks (Wardall Street, St Peter’s Avenue and High Street) on Saturday too.
We would ask the public to continue to support local businesses in any way they can during this difficult time for them.
Our priority has to be the health and safety of our customers, staff and the wider community.
We ask everyone to take on board the latest official advice from central government and the NHS to protect themselves and others.
Shop window display competition
We’re looking for Cleethorpes’ town centre businesses to dress their window in a bright, Spring theme and enter our competition.
Three trophies will be awarded including the public’s vote via Facebook of their favourite shop window.
To enter, take a photograph of your window and submit it via email to email@example.com by 10am on Wednesday 18 March 2020.
Judging will take place between 19 and 20 March.
One winner for each category will be announced on the day of the Spring into Cleethorpes event on Saturday 21 March. The winner for the popular Facebook vote will be announced on Tuesday 24 March.
Shops and businesses located within Cleethorpes town centre shopping area.
The theme of this competition is – Step into Spring. Your window display should reflect this.
Classes of entry:
There are two categories:
- National Business category (3 or more UK outlets)
- Independent Business category (1 or 2 UK outlets)
All entries will be included in the Facebook popular vote regardless of size.
How to enter:
Submit your entry via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You must include at least one picture (max 3) in your submission (no larger than 5Mb jpg).
Terms and Conditions of the Competition
- By submitting your entry, you grant North East Lincolnshire Council and the media the permission to include photos and details on the DiscoverNEL and other news media platforms (web, social media).
- Your themed window displays should be put in place and entered by 10am on Wednesday 18 March 2020.
- The window displays will be judged on a range of criteria, including: overall impression & visual impact, creativity, artistic merit, inventive use of materials and effort.
- Judging will take place between 19 and 20 March 2020. This may include visiting the shops or online judging.
- The popular Facebook vote will be closed on Monday 23 March at 7pm.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winners will receive a trophy which they can permanently keep.