It’s Christmas time!
Save the date – Thursday 21 November 2019
Come on down to this year’s magical, enchanted Christmas in Grimsby Town Centre.
Everyone is invited to this family fun event as we begin the countdown to the big day with the Grimsby Christmas lights switch on.
You’re in for a treat as you can expect exciting street entertainment and performers, as well as some delicious food from the street food market in Victoria Street featuring local businesses Pie-o-neers, The Greek Shack and Tredici Pizzas.
Be sure not to miss the Christmas Parade starting at the Riverhead at 5.30pm, travelling through Bethlehem and Osbourne Street, stopping off at Abbeygate, before finishing at the Grimsby Minster.
The Fabulous Fair will again feature in Grimsby Minster offering unique gifts from local makers. Brought to you by The Culture House.
The Minster stage will feature various acts and entertainers who will be performing throughout the big Christmas event.
There will be lots of Christmassy photo opportunities and a family fun fair will take place in the Riverhead.
Festivities start from 3pm, with the big switch on at 7pm. Grimsby’s Local Hero will switch on the lights.
Grimsby’s Magical, Enchanted Christmas Shop Window Display Competition
Sponsored by Freshney Place Shopping Centre, three trophies will be awarded including the public’s vote via Facebook of their favourite shop window.
To enter, take a photograph of your window and submit it via email to email@example.com by Thursday 14th November 2019.
Judging will take place between 18th & 19th November.
One winner for each category will be announced on stage at the Grimsby Christmas Light Switch On at 6.30pm.
Eligibility: Shops and businesses located within Grimsby Town Centre, including Wellowgate.
Theme: The theme of this year’s Grimsby Christmas Light Switch On is ‘A Magical, Enchanted Christmas’. Your window display should reflect this.
Classes of entry: There are two categories:
- National Business category (3 or more UK outlets)
- Independent Business category (1 or 2 UK outlets)
All entries will be included in the popular Facebook vote regardless of size.
How to enter:
Submit your entry via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You must include at least one picture (max 3) in your submission (no larger than 5Mb jpg).
Terms & Conditions of the competition
- By submitting your entry, you grant North East Lincolnshire Council and Grimsby Telegraph the permission to include photos and details on the DiscoverNEL and Grimsby
Live platforms (web, social media).
- Christmas themed window displays should be put in place and entered by Thursday 14th November no later than 11.59pm.
- The window displays will be judged on a range of criteria, including: overall impression & visual impact, creativity, artistic merit, inventive use of materials and effort.
- Judging will take place between 18th November and 19th November 2019. This may include visiting the shops or online judging.
- The popular Facebook vote will be closed on Monday 18th November 2019 at 11.59pm.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winners will be announced on stage on 21st November at the Christmas Light Switch On event.
- Winners will receive a trophy which they can permanently keep.